# Planning Consultants:
- 1 # Planning Consultants:
- 2 # What Is A Planning Consultant?
- 3 # What Does A Planning Consultant Do?
- 4 # How Do I Become A Planner?
- 5 # What Skills Do You Need To Be A Town Planner?
- 6 # What Is The Difference Between An Architect And A Consultant?
- 7 # How Quickly Can You Get Planning Permission?
- 8 # Can You Apply For Planning Permission Yourself?
Are you planning for developing your building and thinking from whom you should take advice? We suggest that you should contact your local planning consultants before taking any step forward. Because a planning consultant will help you run your project smoothly. So you should choose the best among the planning consultants near you. The better the planning consultant, the greater your project will be. Planning permission may be extremely difficult for the client to get, especially because of the fluctuating nature of the legislation. As a planning consultant have wide knowledge about regulations thus they can play a vital role in obtaining permission for projects with complex needs. In this article, we are going to share with you all the details about the planning guide, planning consultant qualifications, and why you need to find the best among all the planning consultants near you?
# What Is A Planning Consultant?
A planning consultant is a professional with expert knowledge of planning permission. They play a crucial role in getting approval. You need to know about the politics of planning obligations, charges, officers, committees, and approvals. A planning consultant is an expert in the entire process as they have a great experience and can deal with any kind of situation. Consultants can provide you with the best way to achieve your dream. Their efforts will help you refine your plans to provide you the best option for your development.
# What Does A Planning Consultant Do?
Planning consultant will deliver their expertise in such a way that the planning cost is minimum. A planning consultant is involved in various types of projects, such as building developments, parks, airports, etc. in all the projects they have the same roles to play which are as follows:
- Firstly, the planning consultant acts as a trainer so they explain what all parts of the process will involve.
- Next, they assist as a facilitator and help us to proceed through the developments.
- Then they also function as an instructor by giving us guidance as to what are the best decisions and routes to make.
- Another purpose of a planning consultant is to be a strategist, finding out what approach should be taken.
- Next, they act as a promoter, actively endorsing certain ideas.
- Finally, they operate as a stakeholder as they have vested interests in what the outcome of the project will be.
# How Do I Become A Planner?
So what do you say, interested in becoming a planning consultant? But are you confused right now, thinking about how to become a planning consultant? Well, to become a planner consultant you would need a degree or postgraduate qualification recognized by the Royal Town Planning Institute. There are different ways to complete a Royal Town planning institute’s recognized qualification and become a planner.
1. Degree Route:
A royal town planning institute qualification has the following subjects:
- Planning, environment, and development.
- City and regional planning.
- Urban planning and property development. Check exact entry requirements with the course providers as other qualifications may be accepted.
2. Work-Based Route:
With your employer’s support, you can qualify as a planner while working in a similar role. Thus you can learn from your part-time experience or even learn from a distance. Volunteering and getting work experience is a great way to get a taste of what it is like to work as a planning consultant. Contact your local planning consultants to ask for opportunities.
# What Skills Do You Need To Be A Town Planner?
The skills you need to become a good town planner are:
- Good communication with everyone so that they can face any problem.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Literacy is important.
- It is better to work in an organization so that it will help you gain experience.
- You should have good teamwork because while doing real projects, you will be working with many kinds of people.
- Time management is one of the most important skills a planning consultant should have.
# What Is The Difference Between An Architect And A Consultant?
An architect is a technical lead who shepherds a product through the overall design, someone who explains enough about the system and how it hangs together so that the other developers can take their parts. An architect as immersed in the project, and an integral part of the project team who needs to continue to participate to see when things go south. Whereas a consultant does not mean the same thing as an architect. The more up-front design and architecture you do, the more you can try to create the architect-as-consultant role.
# How Quickly Can You Get Planning Permission?
So are you waiting for your planning permission? Do u want to know when you are gonna receive your planning permission? The time for planning permission depends on your project.
- If you want planning permission for a household or minor planning permission then you will receive planning permission within 8 weeks.
- Large or controversial developments normally takes 13 weeks to get approval.
- If the planning permission application is subjected to an environmental impact assessment, then it is normally decided within 16 weeks.
# Can You Apply For Planning Permission Yourself?
Yes, you can apply for planning permission all by yourself. Firstly contact your planning permission consultant near you as you need the correct steps for what to do at first. They will provide you with information on whether or not you need planning permission or not. If you are eligible then they will give you the application form, tell you the necessary materials you need to attach with the application such as drawings, and finally, they will ask you to confirm the application fees. To develop or build on land or site, your application must include an accurate and current site map, professional drawings, and a fee.
Overall, I want to conclude my article by saying that those who are thinking of getting planning permission for their building development, you must contact planning consultants near you so that you will not be on the wrong track. And before consulting them you need to identify what you need the planning consultant for. Hope you read the whole article and now you are clear about everything related to planning consultant, what’s their role in your project, and why you need them.
BEST OF LUCK!!!