Permitted Development Rights
A planning application is a need for many property development works. But, what if you do not want to go through the lengthy process of the planning application. However, You can always keep your development works within permitted development rights. Under permitted development rights. in addition, You only need implied consent to carry out your intended development works.
What Are Permitted Development Rights?
If you are looking to build an extension without planning permission. You can take a look into permitted development rights. It allows a homeowner to develop or extend parts of their property. So, To a certain extent without having to apply for planning permission, this permitted development can be useful in innovative ways. To make the most of the existing space in your home. Without the pressure of planning applications.
However, If you are hoping to build within permitted developments. It is wise that you stay updated with the latest developments. Small changes to most houses fall under permitted development. Certainly, Keep in mind that the same law does not apply to flats and maisonettes. You may have to ask for full planning permission for those properties.
What Falls Under Permitted Development Rights?
If you are a house-owner. The following developments of your property will fall under permitted developments. They will not need planning permission. For instance,
- Small single storey or double storey extension
- Loft conversion
- Garage conversion
- Basement conversion
- Changes of certain use
- Internal alteration
- Installation of solar panel or satellite dishes
- Building a porch less than 3m³
- Installation of roof lights or dormer window not facing the highway
- Installation of new windows and doors
- New driveway (if all the requirements met)
Certainly, You have to bear in mind that these rights updated. So you should contact your local council before starting any development works. For conversation areas or listed buildings, these permitted developments may not be applicable.
How To Check If Your Project Falls Under Permitted Development?
To find out if your proposed development falls under permitted development. You can visit the Government’s Planning Portal. There you will find all the useful information and updates about permitted development.
Do You Need A Planning Application For Permitted Developments?
You do not need a planning application where permitted development rights concerned. But, to make sure the development you are proposing permitted. And, If you need supportive documents for the future. Therefore, You can apply for a Lawful Development Certificate (LDC).
Lawful Development Certificate
- HMO Conversion Permitted Development
- Permitted Development Technical Guidance
- Planning Permission For Adding Extra Space To Your Flat
- Why You Need Outline Planning Permission?
- Do I Need Planning Permission?
- Do You Need Planning Permission For A Loft Conversion?
- Do You Need Planning Permission For A Garage?
- Do I Need Planning Permission For A Conservatory